Kita Toranosuke, Kyoto, to 1911 
From 1911 to 1919
Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919), purchased from Kita Toranosuke in 1911 
Freer Gallery of Art, gift of Charles Lang Freer in 1920 
 See Original Kakemono and Makimono List, L. 891, Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery Archives.
 See note 1.
 The original deed of Charles Lang Freer's gift was signed in 1906. The collection was received in 1920 upon the completion of the Freer Gallery.
- Previous Owner(s)
Charles Lang Freer 1854-1919
Kita Toranosuke (C.L. Freer source)
To learn more about this and similar objects, visit http://www.asia.si.edu/SongYuan/default.asp Song and Yuan Dynasty Painting and Calligraphy.
- Published References
- Thomas Lawton. Chinese Figure Painting. Exh. cat. Washington, 1973. cat. 24, pp. 110-111.
- Dr. John Alexander Pope, Thomas Lawton, Harold P. Stern. The Freer Gallery of Art. 2 vols., Washington and Tokyo, 1971-1972. cat. 64, p. 167.
- Chugoku bijutsu (Chinese Art in Western Collections). 5 vols., Tokyo, 1972-1973. pp. 240-41, pl. 55.
- Suzuki Kei. Chugoku kaiga sogo zuroku (Comprehensive Illustrated Catalog of Chinese Painting). 5 vols., Tokyo, 1982-1983. p. 248.
- Marsha Weidner University of California. Painting and Patronage at the Mongol Court of China, 1260-1368. Ann Arbor, Mich. pl. 24.
- Shane McCausland. The Mongol Century: Visual Cultures of Yuan China, 1271-1368. London. .
- Collection Area(s)
- Chinese Art
- Rights Statement
Copyright with museum