N.E. Montross (1849-1932), New York, NY, to 1911 
From 1911 to 1919
Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919), purchased from N.E. Montross in 1911 
Freer Gallery of Art, gift of Charles Lang Freer in 1920 
 Purchased by Charles Lang Freer from N. E. Montross, New York, on November 1911 (see Curatorial Remark 5 in the object record). Also, according to Curatorial Remark 3, Kate Theimer, February 25, 1994 : " The drawing was formerly housed in a gilded frame with a flat molding at the sight edge, a wide flat frieze covered by gilded canvas, and stepped moldings at the outer edge, which is stored on 8131, rack 15, side B."
 See note 1.
 The original deed of Charles Lang Freer's gift was signed in 1906. The collection was received in 1920 upon the completion of the Freer Gallery.
- Previous Owner(s)
Charles Lang Freer 1854-1919
N. E. Montross (C.L. Freer source) 1849 - 1932
- Collection Area(s)
- American Art
- Web Resources
- Google Cultural Institute
- Rights Statement
Copyright with museum