Tabbagh Frères, Paris, to 1910 
From 1910 to 1919
Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919), purchased from Tabbagh Frères in 1910 
Freer Gallery of Art, gift of Charles Lang Freer in 1920 
 See Original Pottery List, L. 1977, Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery Archives.
 See note 1.
 The original deed of Charles Lang Freer's gift was signed in 1906. The collection was received in 1920 upon the completion of the Freer Gallery.
- Previous Owner(s)
Charles Lang Freer 1854-1919
Tabbagh Frères (C.L. Freer source)
Bowl, deep inverted cone form.
Clay: soft, buff.
Glaze: dee brilliant lapis-lazuli blue, iridescent areas of partial disintegration.
Decoration: in olive-brown lustre, over glaze.
On the outer edge is a band of ornamentation consisting of vertical strokes crudely simulated certain Arabic letters.
- Collection Area(s)
- Arts of the Islamic World
- Web Resources
- Google Cultural Institute
- Rights Statement
Copyright with museum