N.E. Montross (1849-1932), New York, NY, to 1910 
From 1910 to 1919
Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919), purchased from N.E. Montross in 1910 
Freer Gallery of Art, gift of Charles Lang Freer in 1920 
 Purchased by Charles Lang Freer from N. E. Montross, New York, on February 28, 1910, as "one pastel, a woman seated" (see Curatorial Remark 4 in the object record).
 See note 1.
 The original deed of Charles Lang Freer's gift was signed in 1906. The collection was received in 1920 upon the completion of the Freer Gallery.
- Previous Owner(s)
Charles Lang Freer 1854-1919
N. E. Montross (C.L. Freer source) 1849 - 1932
- Collection Area(s)
- American Art
- Web Resources
- Google Cultural Institute
- Rights Statement
Copyright with museum