Giovanni Dattari (circa 1858-1923), Cairo, Egypt, to 1909 
From 1909 to 1919
Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919), purchased from Giovanni Dattari in 1909 
Freer Gallery of Art, gift of Charles Lang Freer in 1920 
 See S.I. 189, Miscellaneous List, Egyptian Glass, pg. 1, Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery Archives. This piece is part of a collection of glass that was purchased en bloc and includes 1,388 specimens (for further purchase information, see the folder for F1909.332).
 See note 1.
 The original deed of Charles Lang Freer's gift was signed in 1906. The collection was received in 1920 upon the completion of the Freer Gallery.
- Previous Owner(s)
Charles Lang Freer 1854-1919
Giovanni Dattari (C.L. Freer source) 1858 - 1923
- Published References
- Richard Ettinghausen. Ancient Glass in the Freer Gallery of Art. Washington, 1962. p. 11, fig. 10.
- Jean Capart. Documents pour servir a l'etude de l'art egyptien. 2 vols., Paris, 1927 - 1931. pp. 75-76, pl. 81c.
- John D. Cooney. Catalogue of Egyptian Antiquities in the British Museum. 7 vols., London, 1968-1987. .
- Birgit Schlick-Nolte. Die Glasgefasse im alten Agypten. Munchner agyptologische Studien, 14 Berlin. p. 139, pl. 30, fig. 16.
- Arielle P. Kozloff, Betsy Morrell Bryan, Lawrence Michael Berman, Elizabeth Delange. Egypt's Dazzling Sun: Amenhotep III and His World. Exh. cat. Bloomington, IN and Cleveland, July 1, 1992 - May 31, 1993. p. 376, fig. 12.4.
- Collection Area(s)
- Ancient Egyptian Art
- Web Resources
- Google Cultural Institute
- Rights Statement
Copyright with museum