Tabbagh Frères, Paris, to 1908 
From 1908 to 1919
Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919), purchased from Tabbagh Frères, Paris, through the Bauer-Folsom Company, New York, in 1908 
Freer Gallery of Art, gift of Charles Lang Freer in 1920 
 See List of Persian Books and Paintings, S.I. 1592, Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery Archives. In 1932, F1908.259-.284 were separated from F1908.199 and given their current numbers.
 See note 1.
 The original deed of Charles Lang Freer's gift was signed in 1906. The collection was received in 1920 upon the completion of the Freer Gallery.
- Previous Owner(s)
Tabbagh Frères (C.L. Freer source)
Charles Lang Freer 1854-1919
Folio from the Iskandarnama in the Khamsa (Quintet) by Nizami; text: Persian in black nasta'liq script; recto: illustration: Khizr and Elias at the fountain of life; verso: text: 4 columns, 19 lines;from the manuscript F1908.199.
Binding: The folio is bound with the rest of the manuscript in brown leather over paper pasteboards with doublures of cream-colored paper.
- Published References
- Najmieh Batmanglij. New Food of Life: A Book of Ancient Persian and Modern Iranian Cooking and Ceremonies. Washington. .
- et al. Elie le Prophete (Les Etudes Carmelitaines): II. Au Carmel, dans le Judaisme et l'islam. 2 vols., Bruges. b/w pp. 274-75, fig. 13.
- Freer Gallery of Art. Gallery Book III: Exhibition of September 5, 1933. Washington, September 5, 1933. .
- Dr. Ananda K. Coomaraswamy. Khwaja Khadir and the Fountain of Life, in the Tradition of Persian and Mughal Art. vol. 1, pt. 2 Ann Arbor. p. 179.
- Collection Area(s)
- Arts of the Islamic World
- Web Resources
- Google Cultural Institute
- Rights Statement
Copyright with museum