From 1907 to 1919
Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919), purchased from an unidentified owner in 1907 
Freer Gallery of Art, gift of Charles Lang Freer in 1920 
 See Reserved Metal List, R. 5211, Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery Archives. According to Curatorial Remark 1 in the object record, there is no record of purchase for this object, other than value.
 The original deed of Charles Lang Freer's gift was signed in 1906. The collection was received in 1920 upon the completion of the Freer Gallery.
- Previous Owner(s)
Charles Lang Freer 1854-1919
- Published References
- Thomas Holbein Hendley. Indian Jewellery. 2 vols., , 1909 reprint. Delhi. pl. 40, no. 279.
- Gerd Hopfner Gesine Haase. Metallschmuck aus Indien. Veroffentlichungen des Museums fur Volkerkunde Berlin, n. F., 35 Berlin. cat. 94.
- Kamaladevi Chattopadhyay. Silver Jewellery from India. vol. 6, no. 4 Hong Kong, July-August 1976. .
- Kamala S. K. Dongerkery. Jewelry and Personal Adornment in India. New Delhi. pp. 45-48, fig. 12.
- Jasleen Dhamija. Some Aspects of Folk Jewelry. vol. 17, no. 4 Bombay, September 1964. .
- Collection Area(s)
- South Asian and Himalayan Art
- Web Resources
- Google Cultural Institute
- Rights Statement
Copyright with museum