Colonel Henry Bathurst Hanna (1839-1914), to 1907 
From 1907 to 1919
Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919), purchased from Colonel Henry Bathurst Hanna in 1907 
Freer Gallery of Art, gift of Charles Lang Freer in 1920 
 See Original List of Persian and Indian Drawings, Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery Archives.
 See note 1.
 The original deed of Charles Lang Freer's gift was signed in 1906. The collection was received in 1920 upon the completion of the Freer Gallery.
- Previous Owner(s)
Colonel Henry Bathurst Hanna (C.L. Freer source) 1839 - 1914
Charles Lang Freer 1854-1919
Ibrahim Ibn Adham fed by angels in the wilderness. Damaged. Color and gold. Gold mount with floral arabesques; floral designs on reverse, and writing.
- Published References
- Richard Ettinghausen. The Emperor's Choice., reprint. New York. pl. 35, fig. 19.
- De Artibus Opuscula XL: Essays in Honor of Erwin Panofsky. 2 vols., New York. pl. 35, fig. 19.
- Richard Ettinghausen. Islamic Art and Archaeology: Collected Papers. Berlin. p. 673.
- Collection Area(s)
- South Asian and Himalayan Art
- Web Resources
- Google Cultural Institute
- Rights Statement
Copyright with museum