A sub-temple of Myoshinji, Kyoto 
Yamanaka and Company, to 1904 
From 1904 to 1919
Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919), purchased from Yamanaka and Company in 1904 
Freer Gallery of Art, gift of Charles Lang Freer in 1920 
 The Envelope File contained the following: "These screens (F1904.354-355) came from a sub-temple of Myoshinji, Kyoto" (see F1904.354, Curatorial Remark 5, H.E. Buckman, 1964, in the object record).
 Undated folder sheet note. See Original Screen List, pg. 28, Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery Archives.
 See note 2.
 The original deed of Charles Lang Freer's gift was signed in 1906. The collection was received in 1920 upon the completion of the Freer Gallery.
- Previous Owner(s)
Charles Lang Freer 1854-1919
- Published References
- Dr. John Alexander Pope, Thomas Lawton, Harold P. Stern. The Freer Gallery of Art. 2 vols., Washington and Tokyo, 1971-1972. cat. 76, p. 175.
- Zaigai hiho (Japanese Paintings in Western Collections). 3 vols., Tokyo. p. 21.
- Collection Area(s)
- Japanese Art
- Web Resources
- Google Cultural Institute
- Rights Statement
Copyright with museum