Michael Tomkinson (1841-1921), Kidderminster, England, to 1904 
From 1904 to 1919
Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919), purchased from Michael Tomkinson in 1904 
Freer Gallery of Art, gift of Charles Lang Freer in 1920 
 See Original Kakemono List, L. 435, pg. 115, Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery Archives.
 See note 1.
 The original deed of Charles Lang Freer's gift was signed in 1906. The collection was received in 1920 upon the completion of the Freer Gallery.
- Previous Owner(s)
Charles Lang Freer 1854-1919
Michael Tomkinson (C.L. Freer source) 1841 - 1921
- Published References
- Ann Yonemura. Hokusai: Volume One. Exh. cat. Washington, 2006. cat. 167, p. 249.
- Ann Yonemura et al. Hokusai: Volume Two. Exh. cat. Washington, 2006. cat. 139, p. 36, 98.
- Elisabeth West FitzHugh. A Pigment Census of Ukiyo-e Paintings in the Freer Gallery of Art. vol. 11 Washington and Ann Arbor, 1979. pp. 27-38.
- Harold P. Stern Narasaki Muneshige. Ukiyo-e shuka. vol. 16, Tokyo. no. 117.
- Collection Area(s)
- Japanese Art
- Web Resources
- Google Cultural Institute
- Rights Statement
Copyright with museum