Yamanaka & Company, New York, NY, to 1903 
From 1903 to 1919
Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919), purchased from Yamanaka & Company in 1903 
Freer Gallery of Art, gift of Charles Lang Freer in 1920 
 Undated folder sheet note. See Original Kakemono and Makimono List, L. 312, Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery Archives.
 See note 1.
 The original deed of Charles Lang Freer's gift was signed in 1906. The collection was received in 1920 upon the completion of the Freer Gallery.
- Previous Owner(s)
Charles Lang Freer 1854-1919
Yamanaka and Co. (C.L. Freer source)
- Published References
- Harold P. Stern. Ukiyo-e Painting. Exh. cat. Washington and Baltimore, 1973. cat. 28, pp. 68-69.
- Harold P. Stern Narasaki Muneshige. Ukiyo-e shuka. vol. 16, Tokyo. pl. 2.
- Zaigai hiho (Japanese Paintings in Western Collections). 3 vols., Tokyo. p. 35.
- Elisabeth West FitzHugh. A Pigment Census of Ukiyo-e Paintings in the Freer Gallery of Art. vol. 11 Washington and Ann Arbor, 1979. pp. 27-38.
- Collection Area(s)
- Japanese Art
- Web Resources
- Google Cultural Institute
- Rights Statement
Copyright with museum