Ernest Francisco Fenollosa (1853-1908), New York, NY, and Spring Hill, AL, to 1902 
From 1902 to 1919
Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919), purchased from Ernest Francisco Fenollosa, in Detroit, MI, in 1902 
Freer Gallery of Art, gift of Charles Lang Freer in 1920 
 See Original Kakemono List, L. 279, pg. 64, Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery Archives.
 See note 1.
 The original deed of Charles Lang Freer's gift was signed in 1906. The collection was received in 1920 upon the completion of the Freer Gallery.
- Previous Owner(s)
Charles Lang Freer 1854-1919
Ernest Francisco Fenollosa (C.L. Freer source) 1853 - 1908
- Published References
- Jack Hillier. Hokusai Drawings. London. pl. 37.
- Ernest Francisco Fenollosa. Epochs of Chinese and Japanese Art: An Outline History of East Asiatic Design. 2 vols., London and New York. opp. p. 202.
- Ernest Francisco Fenollosa. Catalogue of the Exhibition of Paintings of Hokusai: Held at the Japan Fine Art Association, Uyeno Park, Tókio, from 13th to 30th January, 1900. Exh. cat. Tokyo, January 13 - 30, 1900. cat. 89.
- Ernest F. Fenollosa Papers: The Houghton Library, Harvard University. 2 vols., , Japanese ed. Tokyo. pl. 6.
- Collection Area(s)
- Japanese Art
- Web Resources
- Google Cultural Institute
- Rights Statement
Copyright with museum