Siegfried Bing (1838-1905), Paris, to 1901 
From 1901 to 1919
Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919), purchased from Siegfried Bing in 1901 
Freer Gallery of Art, gift of Charles Lang Freer in 1920 
 See Original Kakemono List, L. 247, pg. 56, Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery Archives.
 See note 1.
 The original deed of Charles Lang Freer's gift was signed in 1906. The collection was received in 1920 upon the completion of the Freer Gallery.
- Previous Owner(s)
Siegfried Bing (C.L. Freer source) 1838 - 1905
Charles Lang Freer 1854-1919
- Published References
- Mayuyama Junkichi. Japanese Art in the West. Tokyo. pl. 252.
- Iboku Kenzan Sakai Hōitsu. Kenzan Iboku (The Works Left by Kenzan, Copied by Hoitsu). Japan. p. 18.
- Kenzan no kaiga (The paintings of Kenzan (1663-1743). Exh. cat. Tokyo, October 29 - November 28, 1982. pp. 27, 62.
- Shuko Nishimoto. Korin, Kenzan. Meiho Nihon No bijutsu, vol. 20 Tokyo. p. 140.
- Richard L. Wilson. Ogata Kenzan (1663-1743). Ann Arbor. p. 391.
- Collection Area(s)
- Japanese Art
- Web Resources
- Google Cultural Institute
- Rights Statement
Copyright with museum