R. Wagner, Berlin, to 1901 
From 1901 to 1919
Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919), purchased from R. Wagner in 1901 
Freer Gallery of Art, gift of Charles Lang Freer in 1920 
 See Original Pottery List, L. 908, Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery Archives.
 See note 1.
 The original deed of Charles Lang Freer's gift was signed in 1906. The collection was received in 1920 upon the completion of the Freer Gallery.
- Previous Owner(s)
Charles Lang Freer 1854-1919
R. Wagner (C.L. Freer source)
Buff clay. Three holes in bottom, drilled after firing and subsequently refilled.
Molasses-brown iron glaze on outside only, splashed on one lobe with white rice-straw ash (unofu) glaze and on opposite side with copper-green tinted rice-straw ash (Agano) glaze. Thin iron wash brushed randomly on inside.
Base unglazed, darkened by use. Three flattened conical feet; two lion-head lugs.
- Collection Area(s)
- Japanese Art
- Web Resources
- Google Cultural Institute
- Rights Statement
Copyright with museum