Rufus E. Moore, New York to 1894 
From 1894 to 1919
Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919), purchased from Rufus E. Moore in 1894 
Freer Gallery of Art, gift of Charles Lang Freer in 1920 
 See Original Pottery List, L. 30, Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery Archives.
 See note 1.
 The original deed of Charles Lang Freer's gift was signed in 1906. The collection was received in 1920 upon the completion of the Freer Gallery.
- Previous Owner(s)
Charles Lang Freer 1854-1919
Rufus E. Moore (C.L. Freer source) 1840 - 1918
Jar: tall baluster, with small mouth; recessed foot. Wood stand.
Clay: hard, buff, stoneware.
Glaze: grayish-cream; compound crackle.
Decoration: peony design in relief, under glaze.
- Collection Area(s)
- Chinese Art
- Rights Statement
Copyright with museum