Stroll through an open-air food market to discover new and familiar culinary treasures. Created locally and inspired by Asian and Middle Eastern recipes, each delicious bite will transport visitors to destinations around the world. Come hungry to experience a wide variety of fragrant spices and handcrafted eats, and peek inside the kitchen during exclusive food talks and demonstrations.
Representing diverse traditions, DC-based chefs will each bring something special to share and taste. These food vendors will offer small, curated menus that tell a story about how their families have cooked and eaten for generations. In this lively atmosphere, IlluminAsia food stalls pay homage to bustling street markets worldwide.
- Global spice lounge by Bazaar Spices
- Tea tastings by Ching Ching Cha
- Uyghur cuisine by Queen Amannisa
- Tibetan momos by Dorjee Momo
- Japanese and Vietnamese cuisine by Himitsu
- Asian-inspired beverages by Kruba
- Afghan cuisine by Lapis Bistro
- Pan-Asian bao buns by People’s Bao
- Sri Lankan rotis by Short Eats
- Hong Kong street food by Tiger Fork
- Middle Eastern street food by Z&Z
Photo: Farrah Skeiky/Dim Sum Media